Google My Business
Get more customers with an optimised Google My Business listing
Our Google My Business (GMB) services include:
- Listing setup, verification & management
- Search engine optimisation
- Copywriting & content mirroring from social media
— See the full list of our Google My Business services
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a useful tool for businesses and organisations to manage their presence on Google including Search and Maps. It is currently free and easy to use.
This Google platform is basically the modern yellow pages where you can facilitate your business listings by location. In GMB, you can easily edit your business information. What’s more, you can also publish updates and promotions directly on the platform.
However, you have to go through a verification process to make full use of the tool. Regardless, Google My Business verification isn’t a tedious process. You only have to wait a few days to receive the verification code at your physical mailbox.
Benefits of Google My Business
Besides boosting your presence on Google, you can make use of other features that add value to your business.
You can easily manage your information.
It’s important that you provide complete, up-to-date, and accurate information about your business when users find you on Google. You must give your users quick access to basic details like business hours, website, phone number, and street address.
Additionally, you can also add your products and services on GMB. But, make sure they are clearly shown with the correct pricing and stock status.
Moreover, if your listing is verified, you become more credible on Google. Thus, your business is twice as likely to be considered and explored by keen users. Ultimately, this will help lift your sales.
You can interact with your customers.
GMB is also a platform where customers can leave reviews and ratings of your business. And as the business owner, you can effortlessly read and reply to reviews within the platform.
Other than reviews, you can also interact with your customers through sharing photos of what you offer. In fact, businesses that add photos to their Business Profile earn more request for directions on Google Maps. Plus, they also get 35% more clicks to their websites as compared to businesses that don’t.
You can gain insights into your customers.
Not only GMB lets you interact with your customers, but it also allows you to deeply understand them. With the tool’s reporting feature, you can gain customer insights to have a better grasp of how they came to your profile.
In this feature, you can track how many people called your business directly from the displayed phone number on search results. Here are other metrics you can view in the Google My Business insights:
- Queries used to find your business
- How customers search for your business
- Where customers view your business on Google
- Customer actions – visit website, request directions, call, message
- Directions requests
- Phone calls
- Photo views and quantity
Does your business need GMB?
Of course, your business must have a GMB profile to be more successful online. If you think having a social media page is enough, it wouldn’t be as powerful as having a solid presence on Google, too. After all, user intent is stronger on search engines than on social media.
More so, if you’re a local business owner wanting to attract nearby customers, GMB is your best solution to grow your foot traffic and sales.
Here are more reasons why you need GMB:
- 76% of mobile “near me” searchers visit a related store on the same day (Source)
- 64% of consumers rely on Google My Business to find contact details of local businesses (Source)
- 75% of Google My Business listing views come from search; 25% from Google Maps
- 56% of users who view your Business Profile check out your website; 24% make a phone call; 20% request for directions
Can you set up a GMB listing without a physical address?
Yes! You can absolutely add a GMB listing even without a storefront or physical address.
All you have to do is set up a GMB account, select ‘No’ when asked if you want to add a location, then list your business as a ‘Service Area Business’. After that, you may indicate which cities or postal codes you cover for added information.
How to optimise your Google My Business listing?
While there are many ways to optimise your GMB listing, here are the most basic steps you can follow:
- Set up your GMB listing or claim an existing listing.
- Pick a relevant and specific category for your business.
- Add high-resolution and relevant images.
- Ensure your information matches your other pages.
- Add a local contact number.
- Do away with penalty-inducing offences to avoid suspension.
- Ask for customer reviews.
- Optimise your website and content for search.
Our Google My Business Services
Don’t have the time or manpower to maintain your GMB profile? Let Digital 38 aid you in managing and bringing your GMB listing to success. As a Singapore digital marketing agency, we offer Google My Business services that help businesses conquer the search engine.
Our services include:
- Setup & Verification
- Planning & Strategy – content guidelines and best practices, competitor review, and search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Page Management – chat support and review management
- Copywriting – content creation or mirroring from social media
- Analytics – GMB insights and data source link to consolidated marketing report (MCN Asia One Report)
Get more customers from Search and Maps with Google My Business.