Having a good checklist for starting a new Shopify store is the first step to growing your business. This is also a good way to be organised and make sure everything is ready before launching.
Make a checklist for starting a new Shopify store
- Get advice and opinions from local experts about taxes and laws related to the business.
- If you have an existing website for your ecommerce brand, consider transferring it to Shopify
- Decide on sales channels fit for your product
- Learn more about Shopify’s point of sale hardware for selling your products in person
- Think about your pricing plan
Setting up your online store
- Log in and enter your passwords
- Create a name for your store
- Choose a legal business name and address
- Set up your billing information
- Add your payment provider and default currency
- Work on the weight unit for your store listings
- Arrange your shipping options, whether they are pickup, local delivery, etc
- Set up taxes and payment getaways
- Staff your store
- Establish your domain
- Explore Shopify’s app store to learn more about apps that can improve your business
Organising your store
- Customise your website with great themes
- Add and organise your products
- Customise your menu and add extra features
Do a test-run of your online store
- Test successful and failed transaction
- Try out refunding and canceling orders
- Check how to fulfill and archive orders
- Get more information from Shopify’s fraud analysis settings
Opening your store
- Allow access to your customers by removing the store password
Add more online sales channels
- Sell with Buy Buttons
- Work with Facebook, Messenger
- Sell with Instagram
Promote your store
- Set up your home page metadata and create a marketing plan
- Create a Shopify email
- Work on your stores’ SEO
- Use discount codes and sales
- Tend to abandoned cart emails
- Include a chat feature to your online store and cater to customer inquiries
About D38 Ecommerce Agency
D38 is a South East Asia-focused ecommerce agency that provides end-to-end Ecommerce solutions to grow your business on the digital space and generate ongoing monthly revenue. Our e-commerce solutions range from website development, store management, logistics, CRM, customer loyalty programs, automated email marketing, SEO, marketing tools, product press-release (PR) to reputation management – helping international companies simplify e-commerce management across ASEAN Economic Community (AEC).
Our team consists of certified Shopify eCommerce experts, designers, developers, content creators and strategists working together to support and provide a seamless online shopping experience for our clients’ eCommerce websites.
We also have a market-specific digital channels team focusing on providing support for LINE Thailand and Japan, Naver for Korea, and ZhaoVN for global Chinese readers for social news and updates.
#Ecommerce #ShopifyChecklist #Shopify #D38
D38 is a member of Digital 38 Group.