To boost the local tourism industry, Singapore Tourism Board (STB) brings several initiatives to support hotels in international marketing to help hotels maintain their international presence and drive tourists’ demand during recovery from the current crisis.
STB Marketing Partnership Programme (MPP) is the best government funding support for hotels and local attractions. The submission deadline is on 30 September 2020, don’t miss out on the opportunity to apply the programme of grant. Here’s a guide for you to read through the basics below to help you prepare in advance.
STB Marketing Partnership Programme Quick Facts
- Supports hotels in their international marketing initiatives
- Open to all Singapore-registered company who run hotel(s) as a core business
- Covers up to 70% of marketing costs
- Closing date for submission: 30 September 2020
Contact us to learn more about the funding, as well as get assistance on your marketing initiatives.
MPP Programme Parameters
The funding quantum is based on the size (number of rooms) of the hotel. Here is the list of funding quantum based on tiers for your reference.
Furthermore, hotel groups may submit one application for several properties. The funding quantum will be calculated based on combined qualified funding of each property covered in the submitted plan.
MPP Timeline & Key Dates
Additionally, approval lead time is between 5 and 10 working days. Other information like awarded quantum, deliverables, reporting and disbursement milestones will be stated in the Letter of Award (LOA) once your application is approved.
MPP Qualifying Costs and Support Level
Here’s also a quick look on the grant’s qualifying costs and support level for your quick reference.
Note that the qualifying costs must be incurred and paid within the approved Campaign Qualifying Period. This means the duration between the signing date of the STB’s Letter of Award and 31 December 2021, both dates inclusive.
MPP Non-Qualifying Costs
On the other hand, here are the costs not covered by the grant.
- Creative/Media/PR Agency-on-Retainer (AOR) fees.
- Manpower costs such as engagement of temporary and contract staff.
- Product and price subsidies or discounts.
- STB-supported familiarisation trips and tradeshows/roadshows.
- Marketing costs already receiving other grants from STB/other government agencies.
- Accommodation costs
At the end of the project, the applicant must be able to submit the deliverables to be able to claim the funding. The deliverables will be tied to the submitted and approved marketing plans in the application.
Moreover, for partially fulfilled plans, the supporting grant will be pro-rated accordingly.
Additionally, for STB to evaluate the effectiveness of MPP for future improvement, each hotel property is required to submit the below indicators on a monthly basis until 31 December 2020:
- Marketing Campaign KPIs
- Number of leads generated
- Revenue per Available Room (RevPar)
- Average Room Rate (ARR)
- Average Occupancy Rate (AOR)
Disbursement of Funds
There will be two stages in the disbursement process to relieve cash flow pressure. These are:
- First disbursement – mid-way of the campaign period
- Final disbursement – after the campaign
Likewise, the invoices must be audited by a third-party auditor before submitting it to STB.
How to Apply
- To apply, simply fill up the Marketing Partnership Programme Application Form.
- For more information on about the programme, please visit the Singapore Tourism Boardwebsite.
Looking for assistance on your hotel marketing plan?
If you’re interested to apply for MPP but you don’t know how to start with the marketing plan, we can help you build a strategy that will get you the funding.
About Digital 38
Digital 38 (D38) is a direct to consumer eCommerce agency and Shopify Partner in Singapore that enables eCommerce in Asia. Top services include eCommerce website development & design, online marketing, SEO and more! Interested to work with an eCommerce company and take your business online? Contact us today at https://www.digital38.com/contact-us/ for a consultation soon.