Online shopping features like easy checkout and free deliveries made it easier for buyers to purchase online products. There are thousands of products being sold online, so the question is what are the top products to sell online in Singapore?
A survey done by the Singapore Polytechnic showed that 90% of buyers shop online because of the different products available and that they find more affordable products online.
Singapore’s Top Products Online
1. Consumer electronics
Consumer electronics lands on the top of the list in the Singaporean online retail market. The study revealed the following details:
- Revenue from consumer electronics is US$770 million in 2018
- The expected revenue growth rate is expected to be 10.1% for a market volume of US$1,130 million by 2022
- Current user penetration is 21.5% and is likely to be 22.9% by 2022
Consumer electronics include TVs, speakers, laptops, smartphones, and other electronic devices.
The online fashion category is the fast-growing retail industry in Singapore because it sells multiple products which are all in high demand. Here’s the information about the overall fashion industry:
- In 2018, revenue earned by Singapore’s fashion segment is approximately US$882 million
- By 2022, the expected revenue growth rate is likely to be 11.6% which will translate to a market volume of US$1,367
- Currently, the largest subcategory in this segment is clothing
The top-selling products online are shoes, clothes, and accessories.
Singapore topped the list for the best logistics hub in Asia for 10 years in a row. The overall transport infrastructure development has helped the furniture industry to grow. Collected data shows:
- Revenue in 2018 amounted to US$528 million
- In 2022, the annual growth of revenue is likely to reach 13%, providing a market volume of US$860 million
- Furniture and homeware are the largest subcategories in this segment and are worth US$373 million
Be careful about what type of products you’d like to sell, competitors like IKEA is big and is loved by everyone.
4. Hobby and stationery
Products related hobbies and stationery are the top sellers and showed the following information:
- They are valued at US$577 million in 2018
- With toys, hobbies, and DIY products, the segment amounted to US$925 million
- In 2022, the annual growth of this category will be 7.9% with a market volume of US$1,253 million
Products for babies, sports and outdoor do well on online shops.
Now that you know what kind of products are in demand in Singapore, what products do you want to sell online? Get your online store running and earning sales in no time with Shopify’s powerful, all-in-one e-commerce platform with helpful themes and apps designed to help you sell. Shopify provides a seamless online shopping experience for your customers and a streamlined experience for you as a merchant, too.
As a Shopify Partner, Digital 38 can help you build and manage a Shopify store in Singapore with our team of Shopify experts from across Southeast Asia. If you need help in creating and launching your online store, contact us to get started soon.
About D38 Ecommerce Agency
D38 is a South East Asia-focused e-commerce agency that provides end-to-end e-commerce solutions to grow your business in the digital space and generate ongoing monthly revenue. Our e-commerce solutions range from website development, store management, logistics, CRM, customer loyalty programs, automated email marketing, SEO, marketing tools, product press-release (PR) to reputation management – helping international companies simplify e-commerce management across ASEAN Economic Community (AEC).
Our team consists of certified Shopify eCommerce experts, designers, developers, content creators, and strategists working together to support and provide a seamless online shopping experience for our clients’ eCommerce websites.
We also have a market-specific digital channels team focusing on providing support for LINE Thailand and Japan, Naver for Korea, and ZhaoVN for global Chinese readers for social news and updates.
#Ecommerce #TopProducts #SingaporeProducts #D38
D38 is a member of Digital 38 Group.