Improve your website by increasing its visibility for relevant searches. Drive traffic that will open more opportunities to convert prospects into paying customers. Take advantage of using search engine optimisation (SEO) to boost your store’s search engine ranking will surely help customers find your products easier.
What is search engine optimisation?
Search Engine Optimisation or SEO, is the process of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic or unpaid search engine results. It targets unpaid traffic than direct traffic or paid traffic.
Benefits of using SEO
Even if you invested in using SEO early or are just getting started, it can still play a big role in driving traffic and leads to your website and increase your sales. Here are some benefits of using SEO:
- Using SEO leads to a better experience
- It is a primary source of leads
- It brings high conversion rates
- Constant use promotes better cost management
- Encourages local users to visit the online store after the search
- It builds your brand credibility
- Establish brand awareness
- It can be a long-term marketing strategy
- Improves website speed
- Increases social media followers
- Creates a union of all online marketing activities
How to optimise your online store for search engines:
- Look for keywords that are relevant to your brand.
- Incorporate the keywords into your content.
- Include your keywords related to your URLs and files.
- Add your full domain (for example https://www.your-shopify-domain.com/sitemap.xml) to Google Search Console, so that your online store website can be easily crawled and indexed.
Edit Page’s title and meta description
The title tag and meta description are the most significant elements of SEO. They will act as a ‘Welcome’ mat for the potential visitors of your website so make sure to think of a good and relevant title and description that will encourage them.
You can also set a title and description for your online shop on Shopify.
- Proceed to the Shopify admin, go to Online Store> Preferences.
- Key in the title and meta description for your store, integrating SEO best practices.
- Tap Save.
Optimise the title tag for search engines:
- Create a unique title.
- Include your focus keyword at the beginning of the title.
- Make sure to limit the title in 70 characters or fewer
- Make sure that your title tag is readable.
A meta description is the small amount of text shown together with the title on the search engine. Keep in mind that a clear and direct description encourages more people to click the link to your store.
Set image alt text
Search engines like Google and Bing can read the text but not images. A descriptive alternative (alt) text helps search engines find your content.
- Shopify admin > Products> All products.
- Click the product of the image that you want to edit.
- Edit alt text.
- Key in the alternate text for the image.
- Save alt text.
Include keywords to the page’s H1 header
Shopify uses the title to create the largest text size on a page, the H1 header. It’s what the search engines use to know what the page content is all about.
- Select the post that you want to edit.
- Enter a title that contains your keywords.
- Click Save.
Also, remember to include your keywords in your page’s content.
Optimizing your site structure for search engines
When you are selling via Shopify online store, you already have built-in search engine optimization (SEO) that ensures that search engines will be able to find all of your content.
- Content follows a logical hierarchy of categories.
- Pages don’t use iframes.
- URLs use standard characters and simple, readable structure.
You can do a few things yourself to make sure that your site structure is optimised for search engines:
- Optimise your online store navigation.
- Use descriptive file names for your images.
- Use descriptive link text for internal links.
Hiding a page from search engines
Search engines like Google constantly explore the internet searching for new data. When this happens, your store’s robots.txt file blocks page content that might diminish the efficacy of your SEO strategy by stealing PageRank.
If you made changes to your site and wishes Google to recrawl your URLs, you can either use the URL Inspection Tool or submit a sitemap to Google.
SEO can help you build a better relationship with your audience, thus, improving the customer experience, increases your mastery, and drive more visitors to your e-commerce store. More importantly, it gives you an advantage over the competition, and increase conversions.
Looking for someone to help you with your e-commerce store’s Search Engine Optimisation? Increase more sales, attract more loyal customers, and continue the growth for your business. We can help you, contact us to get started right away.
About D38 Ecommerce Agency
D38 is a South East Asia-focused e-commerce agency that provides end-to-end e-commerce solutions to grow your business in the digital space and generate ongoing monthly revenue. Our e-commerce solutions range from website development, store management, logistics, CRM, customer loyalty programs, automated email marketing, SEO, marketing tools, product press-release (PR) to reputation management – helping international companies simplify e-commerce management across ASEAN Economic Community (AEC).
Our team consists of certified Shopify eCommerce experts, designers, developers, content creators, and strategists working together to support and provide a seamless online shopping experience for our clients’ eCommerce websites.
We also have a market-specific digital channels team focusing on providing support for LINE Thailand and Japan, Naver for Korea, and ZhaoVN for global Chinese readers for social news and updates.
#Ecommerce #Shopify #SearchEngineOptimisation #SEO #Ecommercemarketing #D38
D38 is a member of Digital 38 Group.