Unlock tons of opportunities in China’s tech-savvy market with TouTiao, and in this article, we’ll guide you on how to register your brand’s official TouTiao account.
What is TouTiao?
TouTiao is one of the biggest names when it comes to social media in China. TouTiao literally means ‘today’s headlines’ in Chinese.
A product of Beijing-based tech giant ByteDance, it became the No. 1 news and information aggregator platform in greater China. Its highly sophisticated algorithm analyses content features, users and users’ interaction, ultimately enabling it to generate a tailored feed for each user.
Because of its unique way of providing content to users, TouTiao’s popularity rose. And eventually, the app has become an important part in every Chinese audience’s daily life. From the latest news, entertainment bits, to sports events, you can expect TouTiao to give you the answers you need.
Curious to find out more about TouTiao? Read our previous articles featuring the app by clicking the links below.
- Expand Your Reach in China: Why Advertise on TouTiao?
- Bricsys Says Hello to Chinese Engineers, Designers through Toutiao Ads
- Get Started with Toutiao and Tiktok Ads
Why My Brand Needs to be on TouTiao?
Brands looking to leverage content marketing in reaching out to their target markets should consider launching campaigns on TouTiao. You can amplify your brand’s messaging, and get in touch with the right audience through its content targeting tools that are designed to match users’ reading preferences and behaviours.
On top of this, TouTiao also happens to be the place where Chinese audiences frequent. Internet users in China, on average, use TouTiao at least 12 times a day. The platform currently has 300 million monthly active users.
Registering Your TouTiao Account
Indeed, TouTiao has the potential to help your brand grow in China. So, how do you get started executing your digital marketing plans on the platform? Below is a quick, step-by-step process.
- Head to TouTiao Website. On the top-left portion of the screen, click the 发布作品tab right beside the red, login box.
- You will be redirected to another website that asks you either to login using your existing credentials, or register to a new account. Look for the register [注册] button and click it.
- At this point, you need to submit your login credentials such as your business’ registered mobile phone number, and/or official email address.
- After successfully registering, you also need to fill in several blank fields pertaining to your account information. These included your account type, account name, and a brief introduction.
- Aside from determining your account type, account name, and deciding on your profile’s intro, you will be asked to upload several documents as proof of your business / organisation’s existence.
- Once you have completed your registration on the website, download the TouTiao app for your mobile phone. And this time, you will be directly logging in using the credentials you recently submitted. You will undergo several security features before TouTiao can send you a code to confirm your registration.
- And after confirmation, then you’re good to go!
Explore Digital Marketing Opportunities in China
Forward-looking brands know that opportunities are abound in China. Despite the absence of popular channels such as Facebook, Google, and Twitter, local developers such as Bytedance provide businesses with the avenue in reaching out to its over 1.25 billion internet users.
If you need help on how to register your brand’s TouTiao account, and further insights into China’s digital marketing landscape, then we’re here for you.
Schedule an appointment with us to learn more.
#Digital38 #chinadigitalmarketing #digitalmediaagency #toutiao #toutiaoforbrands #toutiaoaccount